Try out our new Cat Breed Chooser Tool to help you select a breed.
- Semi longhair, with a rich, full coat in the winter and a somewhat shorter, less dense coat in the summer
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Very loyal to their family
- Healthy breed
- Needs boosters by 12 weeks old
- Annual vet visit for checkups is important
While the listed ailments may be common in this breed, not all members of the breed suffer from these conditions. Responsible breeders screen for orthopedic and genetic diseases.
- Does best indoors
- Needs sufficient scratching device
- Declawing is not recommended
- Kittens are available after 12-16 weeks
- Low maintenance
- Trim nails regularly
- Very well suited to the households in which one spouse professes to be a 'dog person,' not a 'cat person'
- They were the first mentioned in the Harrison Wier book Our Cats and all About Them
- A natural breed and the national cat of Russia
- The Siberian was first imported in 1990